Dr. Anil Sharma relocated to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from UK in 1994. He was associated with the founding of the Department of Minimal Access Surgery since its inception in 1996. Dr. Anil Sharma has a special interest in surgical management of Abdominal wall hernias, a subject on which he has conducted numerous operative workshops and lectured extensively globally. Dr. Anil Sharma also specialises in Single-Port laparoscopic surgery, especially for gall bladder removal. He is a keen academician and prolific writer with several landmark scientific articles in International publications.
Current Academic Positions
- President Elect, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Examiner & Overseas Clinical Tutor, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for Intercollegiate membership of Royal College of Surgeons (RCS).
- Accredited Faculty & Examiner for National Board of Examinations (India) for the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery.
- Founder & Director, Basic Medical Writing Course for Surgeons
- Vice President, Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
Education and Training
|MBBS||Bombay University, Seth G. S. Medical College & associated K. E. M. Hospital, Bombay|
|MS(General Surgery)||Bombay University, Seth G. S. Medical College & associated K. E. M. Hospital, Bombay|
|FICS||International College of Surgeons|
|FRCSEd||Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Bedford General Hospital, Bedford, U.K.|
|FRCSEng||Royal College of Surgeons of England|