Dr Rajesh Khullar is the longest serving surgeon in the Ayushman team after Dr Pradeep Chowbey. He has been religiously associated with the department of Minimal Access surgery since its very inception. He was the Vice Chairman in Minimal Access & Bariatric surgery center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He has co-authored a text book on ‘Endohernia Repair’.Dr. Khullar was instrumental in the creation of a set of 15 educational CD-ROMs in ‘Minimal Access Surgery – Basic & Advanced Procedures’ that were released by His Excellency Shri K R Narayanan, the President of India on July 15, 2002.He played an active role in compiling, streamlining and editing scientific content of the manual titled ‘Minimal Access Surgery – Guidelines & Recommendations’ endorsed by Ministry of Health, Medical Council of India, National Board of Examinations, Indian Medical Association and Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-surgeons.
Current Academic Positions
- Accredited faculty, National Board of Examinations for post-doctoral fellowship in Minimal access surgery.
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi.
- Jr. editor, Hernia section, Journal Of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS)
- Reviewer, Hernia Journal
Esteemed Positions Held
- Honorary Secretary, Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Honorary Secretary, Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- Joint Secretary, Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Executive member, Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Life member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Life member of Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Life member of Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Life member of Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
Education and Training
- MBBS : AFMC (Poona University)
- MS (General surgery) : PGI, Chandigarh